Excellent remuneration package
Quality & Safety
Full time/Part time
In dienst van opdrachtgever
Challenging opportunity for which YER Executive is recruiting a Technical and/or Process Safety Engineer which can be based in either Zoetermeer or Den Helder to expand the HSEQ team of Neptune Energy.
Over de functie
As Safety Engineer you will work alongside the engineers, operators, and designers from all disciplines to ensure effective safety and environmental practices and that risk management processes are observed. You will promote process/technical safety as a discipline, sharing knowledge of, and experience with, Safety Engineering in its broadest form with the HSEQ, Operations and Technical organizations and any other relevant stakeholders.
- You advise relevant departments of requirements to comply with legislation, corporate/group standards & guidance and advice regarding specifications, terms of reference and scopes of work for relevant safety engineering studies.
- You are expected to establish best practices, improve existing or develop new procedures/processes and methods of work within own discipline.
- You provide technical HSE requirements and supporting studies relating to facility design over the lifecycle of a project as key inputs to the relevant development stages (e.g. HSE plan, Hazard Identification Studies, Hazard Operability Studies, HSE Performance criteria, Quantitative Risk Assessment, Safety Critical Element identification and performance standards).
- You manage safety risks in the delivery of technical projects.
- You are the business process owner of relevant safety engineering processes and governing documents.
- You will report to the Head of HSEQ NL.
Over het bedrijf
Neptune Energy is one of Europe’s largest independent exploration and production companies. They have operations in the North Sea, mainland Europe, North Africa and the Asia-Pacific region.
Besides a dynamic work environment, Neptune Energy offers room for initiatives and highly values short lines in communication. The remuneration package is excellent and contains e.g. good salary, 13th month, pension and 26 holidays.
Can either be based in Zoetermeer or in Den Helder.
- Bachelor/Master degree in engineering/industrial sciences
- Minimum 5 year experience in production or engineering of oil and gas facilities, including a minimum of 3 years' experience in technical and/or process safety engineering
- Able to facilitate technical or process safety engineering workshops. These may include HAZID, Bow-Ties, ALARP, SIMOPs, etc. Knowledge of HAZOP and SIL classification
- Experience with the implementation of project safety management
- Strong HSEQ culture
- In full command of the English language and preferably Dutch
- Efficient self-starter with an ability to work alone and as part of a team, prioritize tasks, and deliver against deadlines
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Skills in initiating and managing projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving (proactive) ability
- Requires highly developed communication skills to present complicated issues in an understandable way, and to influence others to ensure compliance.
- EU citizenship/working permit