Contract with Client
Banking & Insurance
Senior commercial position in Corporate Banking.
Over de functie
Purpose of the function
To manage and to grow a designated portfolio of customer relationships, marketing the full range of the banks products and services in order to achieve an acceptable level of profit, risk and return in line with agreed business plans.
The function forms part of the Global Corporate Banking Division and it manages the global clients as part of Global Corporate Banking Division.
This section supports the bank and its strategy to become core bank of leading blue chips corporate clients in Europe by increasing customer base and developing ancillary business.
The Director reports to the Managing Director, Head of Global Corporate Banking Division, The Netherlands.
- In consultation with the Functional reporting line assist Department Head in developing and putting in place annual business plan
- Together with global HQ and regional offices direct the medium and long term strategic planning of the business in order to ensure that sufficient resources are agreed to be available for objectives and targets to be achieved.
- Develop and acquire new global corporate accounts in line with the bank's credit policy
- Relationship Management and effective marketing of designated customers to include strong and effective partnerships with Credit, products Offices, the Network and MS as necessary
- Achieve individual and collective Financial and Other Performance Targets in consultation with the functional business line and Department Head, manage and monitor business plans for the portfolio in order to meet customer profitability requirements and business objectives
- Maintain a pipeline reflecting the stages of new business opportunities
- Negotiate terms and conditions of credit facilities and services after consulting with all relevant parties and prepare the proposal in order to seek approval by relevant credit sanctioning bodies.
- Develop business leads and introductions, as appropriate, in order to maximise business growth for the Group.
- Maintain regular contact with the customers at a strategic level
- Attend Banker’s meetings in case of new business proposals.
- Provide advice and guidance to (junior) team members including motivation, support and the sharing of best practice as appropriate.
- Liaising with other banks on syndicated facilities.
Over het bedrijf
Successful international Corporate Bank working with the main (listed) Dutch Multinationals companies.
- Excellent remuneration
- Growth opportunities
- 10/15 years of relevant work experience
- Drive for Results
- Collaborate and Build Partnerships
- Communicate Effectively and Professionally
- Balance Risk with Opportunity
- Deliver extraordinary Customer experience
- Demonstrate Global Perspective
- Influence and Inspire Others
- Lead Change & Seek Continuous Improvement
The function requires an intellectual and working background at minimal bachelor level (senior professional economic/administrative education) and experience in a similar function or relevant area.
The function requires knowledge of the (intra-)departmental work flows and processes, of the Business Environment in which a global bank operates & all related products offered by front office and of the applicable internal and external legislation.
The function also requires knowledge of and experience with automated database storage and processing and desktop IT skills.
The Senior Manager keeps his knowledge and skills up-to-date by reading internal bulletins regarding his area and by external or internal education.
Social skills are required to maintain good internal and external contacts. A co-operative spirit, a pro-active attitude and own initiatives are essential as well as a service-minded approach. Besides, tact, flexibility and communication (advisory, consulting) skills and convincing power are important.
Verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English are essential.