Detachering: max. € 110k/year, Freelance: max. € 95,-/hour
Detachering via YER, Interim / ZZP
Together with her customers and suppliers ASML is heading towards an interesting and challenging era growing today’s company into and beyond 20bE company. Are you the person that wants to be part of this challenge? Are you able to drive process improvements and to translate customs legislation into compliant, practical and strategical solutions for the business. Are you the person that can build relationships with other stakeholders and acting as the go to person for different customs valuation related issues and questions. Why not join us in this temporary position? In your temporary role as Manager Customs Valuation you are part of a team of tax and Customs professionals in an international environment and a presence on three continents.
Over de functie
The job mission of the Manager Customs valuation is to execute and ensure customs valuation compliance with a strategical and tactical focus, while pro-actively supporting ASML and its business partners in the various jurisdictions for daily questions, ongoing projects etc.
- Responsible for continuously monitoring of the applicable customs laws and regulations in the relevant jurisdictions and assess the relevancy and impact of these changes for ASML, with a main focus on customs valuation
- Pro-actively advise and support ASML’s senior management on customs aspects in relation to customs valuation
- Together with the other colleagues of Customs Affairs team, co-develop, maintain, implement and improve policies and guidelines with a focus on customs valuation, to manage Customs Compliance
- Maintain and improve the framework of controls (tax control framework) that ASML uses to manage and mitigate risks
- Focus on customs valuation compliance and work closely together with and advise the customs operations team, the tax and the finance teams
- Participate in ongoing improvement and change projects as subject matter expert, representing the Customs Affairs team
Over het bedrijf
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
- Reason for the vacancy: Maternity leave
- Timeline: start assignment preferable in January 2021
- End date: 8 months from start date
- Availability: minimum 40 hours
- Situation after COVID-19: probably working remotely 2-3 days per week
You have an Academic background (MSc) or bachelor.
Working experience with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience in Customs valuation within a multinational, law firm or a consulting company. You have experience working in a multidisciplinary environment and in multi-cultural teams.
- Strong drive with a hands-on, structured, accurate and result oriented working style
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to motivate and drive others, build relationships and influence other functional areas
- Able to cope with a multicultural, dynamic and changing and complex environment, experience with Asian cultures is a pre, experience with SAP is a nice to have
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate complex business issues into simple problem statements, clear processes and actions
- Good time management skills and able to manage towards tight deadlines
- Show ownership of issues from start to finalization
- Eye for detail
Context of the position
In your temporary role as Manager Customs Valuation you are part of a team of tax and Customs professionals in an international environment and a presence on three continents.