Contract with Client
Sales & Marketing
The position of Sales Manager Derivatives is newly created, which gives you the opportunity to help IFC and TFC to achieve their growth ambitions.
Over de functie
In this role you will grow and maintain European sales and technical service activities of the derivatives business segment.
- Manage existing customers (mainly pharmaceutical) and increase their sales volumes, management and development of the customer portfolio: sales volumes, revenue and margin.
- Identify new customers, co-develop new segments and new territories.
- Provide technical service and solve technical problems of products collaborating with technical colleagues (provide technical guidance)
- Co-develop marketing strategies, translates these into plans and activation
- Follow the developments in the market and advise management
- Be involved in and be co-responsible for the entire sales process: from determining the strategy, working out the direct and indirect sales channels, assortment rationalization based on potential, returns and market developments, to processing the order and delivering aftercare to the customer.
- Prepare sales plans and targets
- Represent the organization in customer relationships - price negotiations and supply contracts
- Be involved in the implementation of procedures of sales and marketing according ISO 9001
- Internally : collaborate with back office, credit control activities, product documentation and technical information
- Report to the Managing Director
Over het bedrijf
International Furan Chemicals (IFC) is incorporated in The Netherlands in 1994 and is involved in the highly specialized market of the chemical product called Furfural, a renewable biobased chemical, and it’s derivatives. IFC has the exclusive use and distribution rights of the Furfural produced at the world's largest Furfural facility, Central Romana Corporation Ltd., a privately owned sugar producing company located in the Dominican Republic.
Furfural is converted to Furfuryl Alcohol at the related party TransFurans Chemicals (TFC) in Geel, Belgium.
IFC is already the leading marketing organization in the field of Furfural and Furfuryl Alcohol worldwide and now wants to grow its activities in the various derivates that are derived from these 2 chemicals. IFC has its head office in Rotterdam and in Canada there is a local sales office taking care of the North-American markets.
IFC is able to provide all customers on-time deliveries, quality in management and technical support. This is because of their in-depth knowledge of the market and their continuous investment in the latest developments and trends.
You get the opportunity to fill in a new created position in a dynamic industry. Next to that, you shall be part of a small and diverse team in the Rotterdam office and work closely with the engineers at the sister company TFC in Belgium, who are very committed and passionate. The office has an informal and reliable work environment, where knowledge and trust are very important topics.
As well as this, they offer:
- Competitive salary (€ 65,000 - € 75,000)
- Great office located at the Rotterdam The Hague Airport
- 27 holidays
- Non-contributory pension scheme
- Company car
- Flexible working hours
- Worldwide international scope
- Bachelor or Master degree in technical (preferable chemistry) studies
- Experienced in the chemical sector (specialty chemicals or commodity chemicals)
- Direct sales or indirect channel sales experience is preferred
- Experience in the pharmaceutical - health care business is a plus
- Proficient in developing markets and sales plans. Understand the markets and applications in which our products add value
- Masters the Dutch and English language, spoken and written; preferably also knowledge of German and French
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Commercially driven: thinks and acts in market opportunities and possibilities, does not wait but takes the initiative itself
- Proficient capabilities to build long term relationships
- Team player, highly self-motivated and proactive (demonstrate the determination, know-how and accountability for achieving results)
- Travel is expected to be about 20-40%, so willingness of travel is needed (in non-Corona times that is)
- It is expected that location-wise the office time will be spent partly at IFC’s Rotterdam office and partly at the TFC site in Geel, Belgium where all physical (storage/production) + R&D activities are taking place