Contract with Client
(Petro)Chemical, Engineering, Manufacturing, Consultancy, Industrial
An entrepreneurial, internationally oriented commercial position. Being responsible for building up a business line by making use of a proprietary and proven batch technology.
Over de functie
As Director Business Development, you will be responsible for the building up and marketing of new business line.
After many years of in-house use, this proprietary and proven technology is now also available in the first product (in MVP phase) called Batchington.
This product is a well-thought-out parallel high-pressure reactor system in a handy format, and provides a solution for quick catalysis screening tests in early stage development of new chemistries (renewables, petro- and fine chemicals), being applicable in all kinds of chemical R&D labs.
In this entrepreneurial position you have a broad responsibility in tasks, you function as “owner” of this product:
- Developing and executing a commercial strategy for the Batchington product and beyond:
- Market analysis: identifying market sectors, target-customers, market needs, market-customer-insights, competition-analysis.
- Further, developing and executing the product management strategy: value proposition development, product roadmap, pricing strategy, go-to-market, organizing product demonstrations.
- Developing and executing the sales strategy: business development, expanding the network (to boardroom level) in order to optimally influence key stakeholders and maximize sales, through setting up a relevant distribution network, as well as a network in academic and scientist domain.
- Providing relevant input - as a liaison with the outside world - for the development of new product types (with new features and capabilities) and new product-market combinations. Working together with Technology & Innovation.
- By linking this new business line to market opportunities, you will contribute significantly to the future vision of Avantium.
- The focus will initially be on the European market, and can later be rolled out further internationally.
You will report to the VP Business Development.
Over het bedrijf
Avantium is a Euronext listed technology development company and a forerunner in renewable and sustainable chemistry, with head office located in Amsterdam and a solid financial position. The company also has pilot plants in Delfzijl and Geleen.
Avantium Catalysis, one of the three Business Units of Avantium, specializes in innovations and technologies to accelerate R&D Catalysis, and supports companies in reaching their sustainability, profitability and growth targets by providing unique technologies and catalysis research expertise. With these technologies and expertise, Avantium has enabled its customers to make numerous catalyst inventions and develop chemical processes. Avantium Catalysis co-operates with blue chip customers in the (petro) chemical, refinery and renewables industries.
Avantium Catalysis offers three specific types of solutions to its customers:
- R&D Systems (advanced installations of reactor equipment for catalysis R&D at customers’ R&D laboratories, including maintenance and service contracts)
- R&D Services (contract research projects for the industry, tailored to specific applications)
- Refinery Catalyst Testing (best-practice testing programs in order to select the best catalysis for any refinery application)
Avantium Catalysis has broad chemical application knowledge and industry experts on board with extensive experience at major companies in the oil, gas, coal, chemical and renewable sector, and thus understands the challenges of its customers. The project teams work together with the customer to supply fast, accurate and reliable catalyst performance information to join research projects.
All professionals of Avantium are very highly educated and experienced, representing 20 nationalities. The culture can be described as a typical start-up culture: pragmatic, enterprising, innovative, dedicated, with a can-do mentality.
In addition to their existing R&D Systems, Avantium has started developing a completely new and unique business platform: the Batchington technology.
- A good remuneration
- Full time employment of 40 hours per week
- 25 holiday days
- Bonus up to a maximum of 15% of the gross annual salary, depending on company and department targets
- Possibility of flexible working hours
- Training and coaching as investment in own personal development
- Fine and passionate colleagues in an innovative, cohesive organization
- Academic Masters’ degree in Chemistry or Chemical Technology
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a pioneering-attitude: hands-on, energetic, pro-active, focused, performance driven, self-starter.
- You need at least 5 years of international sales as well as product-management experience, in the field of R&D solutions and equipment. You are experienced with putting a new product on the market/building a distributor network.
- Affinity with catalysis R&D
- You are strategically strong, and you work systematically
- Excellent networker and good social skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Team player
- Willing to travel