Contract with Client
IT & Telecom
For one of Europe's biggest telecom providers, we are looking for an experienced IT manager in the area of Rotterdam. Are you up for a challenge? Then this is the right vacancy for you. This company has big challenge ahead, they want to create the most innovating DevOps team within Europe.
Over de functie
You are passionate about IT and have a lot of know how of technologies such as Cloud Native platforms, Development languages and Architectures. They work in an Agile culture, an environment that is underpinned by core values, behaviours, and practices, enabling all levels of an organization to better adapt to cultural, strategic, and other changes. Therefore, we are looking for a Head of Development to extend our next generation leadership team of business leaders in Rotterdam. An Agile leader focusing on the needs of others who acknowledges other people's perspectives, cares to help our community to meet their work and personal goals, who involves the community in decisions where appropriate, and who builds a sense of community within our teams. Head of Development's reporting line leads directly to the HQ in Switzerland.
The Head of Development has strong know how of Cloud-native and Container-based environments. He or she is very familiar with Cloud-native technologies and has experience to develop applications built with services packaged in containers, deployed as microservices, and managed on elastic infrastructure through Agile and DevOps processes and continuous delivery workflows. Leading engineering services of the DevOps Center in Rotterdam, supporting the hiring of new DevOps Engineers, developing and training of team members in their technology skills to have them fit for working in the various projects, as well as supervising the IT support team and managing a portfolio of tech projects. He or she will also function as the Tribe Chief for the Business Innovation teams and member of the local leadership team for the DevOps Center, together with the Head of Product and the Head of Operations.
Fulfil the strategic as well the technical role inside the DevOps Center in Rotterdam.
Over het bedrijf
This company is headquartered in Switzerland and their ambition is to digitalize their business. They therefore need and want to become the best, the coolest and the most competitive DevOps shop in Europe deploying and releasing all our software Cloud Native, Agile and in DevSecOps modes. They have over 20,000 employees and have about 1500+ IT experts / Software Engineers and enthusiasts devoted to creating inspiring customer experiences and developing best quality services. As DevOps engineers, they understand the equal importance of relationships, culture, soft skills, and collaborative working in a friendly environment. To complete our mission and to be successful in the global war for talents, we have established DevOps Centres both in the Netherlands and Latvia.
- Great salary between €8,500 and €10,000 gross monthly
- Holiday allowance
- 26 days off
- Pension plan
- Flexible working times
- Commuting allowance
- Contribution to the health insurance
- Gym subscription
- Budget for personal growth
- Telephone and internet allowance
- The strategic aspect includes setting goals for the team, planning the budget, defining the recruiting and strategy, quality assurance in hiring, security and prioritizing projects.
- The technical aspect is about providing the best IT and technology services for the DevOps Center, getting actively involved in tech projects.
- At least 5-10 years of experience as a Development Manager
- Acts as role model in organizational transformation and capable of leading colleagues through period of changes
- Can become a recognized mentor and coach for their area of expertise as well as create a positive mood and confidence (winning spirit), thus creating a good climate in the organization and community
- Bachelors or Masters University degree in engineering, computer science, information systems or related field
- Carries extensive experience as engineer and should have managed complex tech projects with strong program management and matrix management skills.
- Able to live their core values: fun work environment, innovation & risk taking; passion, dedication & perseverance; and honesty & loyalty.
- Can demonstrate strong experience within the Telecom industry
- Results driven leader by example with a strong technical, clear communication and organizational acumen to oversee the company’s systems & technologies
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong command of English language, German is a plus.