Marketing & Communication
Contract with Client
(Petro)Chemical, Engineering, Manufacturing, Logistics & Transportation, Industrial
Pregis is Not Just in the Packaging Business– Pregis solves your toughest business challenges with packaging, so you can create customers for life and minimize your environmental impact. Pregis is a rapidly growing and innovative organization and has created an excellent performance. To realize and accelerate the planned international expansion, Pregis is attracting an energetic Product Manager Paper Systems and a Product Manager Air Systems.
Over de functie
Excellent Product Management is crucial in meeting the objectives of Pregis and the promises to their customers. As a Product Manager you’re responsible for managing the assigned Paper or Air portfolio throughout the entire product life cycle. As a Product manager you roughly manage the whole process from product creation to product lifecycle management. The first process is about creating new products. The second process is about optimizing existing products, rationalizing/simplifying and ultimately fade out. You control the product life cycle and the innovation process like a spider in the web. You work from a plan and process and use business plans, business cases and roadmaps. The Product Managers are the drivers for the Business. You are engaged in or leading initiatives to develop new products or optimize existing products with Sales, R&D and Operations based upon the product and marketing strategy for the product/solution. Being an expert on your portfolio, you support sales (and customers) in meeting their targets by providing them proper product information, training and ensuring availability of products in line with the demand planning. In this job you report to the Commercial Director.
More specific, focus on this role is:
- Market analyses / Business Intelligence
Understand the strength and weaknesses of our competitors. Responsible for accurate and relevant market analyses, including key target opportunities. Lead trends and competitive pricing analyses. Responsible to identify new market opportunities and present to senior management
- Product category management
Own the product lifecycle for your product category (from initiation to fade out). Instruct engineering (R&D) to identify opportunities to improve existing products and develop product line extensions. Co-develop new products and improve existing products in cooperation with sales, marketing, production, purchasing, R&D and customer service. Coordinate alpha and beta testing. Launch and rolls out product improvements, with all collateral materials, competitive data, training and promotion.
Manage / guard the pricing model and product margins. Own the margins of the products and co-authorizes large individual deals, sales wants to close. Proactively contacts sales and lead sales and margin improvements. Continuous analyses versus alternative products, strategies to manage competitive threats and tracking of competitive activity. Provide sales tools to improve business results. Work closely with finance to manage the working capital related to the products.
Manage all aspects of timely, complete and relevant communication to the business (across all functions - sales, marketing, production, purchasing, R&D and customer service) on product introductions and changes.
Understand (local) opportunities in different categories and use them to improve business results. Work together with sales management and solution specialists on the right channel strategy for the product category. Improve packaging resulting in lower distribution cost.
Work with the engineering, marketing, sales and sustainability team to develop training and provide tools necessary to maximize the results of the responsible products of the commercial organization to focus on the right prospects, obtain trials and close business at good margins.
Over het bedrijf
Pregis is a leading international protective packaging brand which provides innovative packaging materials and systems. Their products and systems are used among the leading industrial, e-commerce, aerospace and automotive companies and supported by comprehensive sales, customer service, technical service and distribution networks. Their goal is to provide their customers with the highest quality packaging solutions and surpass customer expectations every day. A signatory of The Climate Pledge, Pregis is on a mission to help companies choose protective packaging solutions that are suited to specific applications, so they can be confident they’re doing their part to protect the environment.
Headquartered in Chicago, Pregis maintains a strong network of distributors, fabricators and converting partners with support teams ready to provide top-notch service. With 24+ North American facilities, additional manufacturing operations across Europe and an expanded international presence, Pregis reach continues to scale with the growing global demand for a strong protective packaging partner. Pregis is proud to employee over 2200 passionate packaging professionals!
Pregis Europe has a clear vision and approach to expand its position in the European market via organic growth and M&A. The products and solutions of Pregis are key in delivering a superior customer experience, and in bringing added value to their customers. They look beyond the solutions and help customers to achieve tangible goals in reducing their carbon footprint, make their logistic operations more efficient, increasing their throughput and improving their profitability. To make this growth happen, Pregis is looking to expand its Product management team.
- This position will be based in Pregis brand new office in Eindhoven, that will also host our Pregis IQ Innovation Centre
- This is a great opportunity for a driven Product Manager that wants to be part of an ambitious organization and team, with lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Pregis is an informal organization, where they will challenge you and want you to challenge them. Your contribution will make a direct impact on their day-to-day operations. They put their people first, in line with Pregis purpose to Protect, to Preserve and to Inspyre: Pregis wants you to feel safe and secure, give you the opportunity to release your full potential and provide you challenging and rewarding jobs and career opportunities
- Employee autonomy: you decide how you schedule your agenda, work and working location (preferred 2 days at the office)
- The organization is growing and in full development, with room for own input
- Excellent employee benefits
- Bachelor/ Master degree in Marketing
- Minimum of 3 years of proven marketing/Product Management experience in an international B2B environment, preferably in the logistics or packaging industry
- Structured approach with strong analytical skills
- Challenging and sharp, yet flexible and empathetic when needed
- Takes ownership and is result oriented; you have very good planning, prioritizing and goal setting skills
- Hands on and pragmatic
- Strong business/commercial acumen
- Excellent in Dutch and English (verbal and written), French and/or German is an extra asset
- Humorous and enthusiastic, you’re energized by new challenges