Contract with Client
Logistics & Transportation
For Koole, we are looking for an experienced Corporate Finance Associate. Have you gained at least 3 years of relevant working experience? And do you consider yourself a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset? Then you must seize this opportunity!
As a Corporate Finance Associate at Koole, you will work in a dynamic working environment with many chances to develop yourself, take responsibility, and show initiative. A fundamental role in which you will be a key member of the team generating insights, analysis, and creative problem-solving for a wide range of (strategic) finance topics. Does this catch your interest? Read further below or apply directly.
Over de functie
As Corporate Finance Associate at Koole, you will be a key member of the team generating insights, analysis, and creative problem solving for a wide range of (strategic) finance topics. You will be involved in and exposed to discussions within the senior management team and support decision-making with a strategic and long-term impact on the business. You are also in regular contact with the CFO as well as shareholder representatives to discuss a wide range of corporate finance related topics. As a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset, you will pro-actively generate new ideas for improvement and value creation in line with the organization’s long-term goals. Key responsibilities will include:
- Support budgeting and long-term business planning & valuation processes as a key member of the (corporate) finance team.
- Leading role in managing quarterly valuation cycle, interfacing with shareholder team to align on key valuation assumptions, changes and impacts and taking primary responsibility for the corporate valuation model.
- Support and provide input to quarterly supervisory board sessions, producing high quality, fit-for-purpose discussion documents, analyses and materials in support of various board discussion topics. This includes investment proposals for large organic growth projects, M&A proposals, bank (re)financing processes and a wide range of other strategic topics.
- Coordinate value tracking and strategic monitoring tools and processes as part of the “program office” function, which involves interfacing between various functions within the business and helping track and drive progress on shorter and longer-term strategic goals and targets.
- Support strategic investment processes, including modelling and writing capital expenditure proposals to management and supervisory board as well as playing a key supporting role in M&A processes.
Over het bedrijf
Koole is an international privately-owned storage company providing logistics solutions. Handling the entire logistics chain for its customers, the company has major storage facilities sited strategically at six locations in the Netherlands, two in the UK and one in Poland. With a total capacity of over 4,100,000 cubic meters, its facilities allow the handling of a highly diversified base of products, including edible and vegetable oils, base oils, oleochemicals, chemicals, biodiesel, liquid agricultural products, fuel oil, middle distillates, and gasoline.
Koole employs around 600 employees. Koole has customers from over the entire world, but mainly Western Europe, Asia, and North and South America.
Working at Koole means working in a dynamic working environment with many chances to develop yourself, take responsibility, and show initiative. Koole offers an exciting job with a representative base salary, attractive secondary benefits in an international atmosphere that supports the company’s vision, and exhibit Koole’s core values Unity, Innovation, and Excellence.
For Koole, we are looking for a Corporate Finance Associate equipped with a proactive, curious, and entrepreneurial mindset. As a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset, you will proactively generate new ideas for improvement and value creation in line with the organization’s long-term goals. You demonstrate proficiency in understanding complex business problems and devising solutions, as well as being able to communicate and present these solutions with confidence to convince key business stakeholders.
Further, you bring:
- A MSc. or equivalent university degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Engineering, or a similar technical field of study.
- 3-5 years of working experience in M&A, corporate finance, consulting, private equity, or a related role.
- Demonstrated proficiency in (financial) modeling in Excel and building and manipulating advanced cash flow & valuation (DCF) models.
- Knowledge of advanced analytical techniques; knowledge of BI and/or RPA tools is a plus.
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language, both written and oral.
- Be equipped with a pro-active, curious and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Have the ambition to develop competencies across the full breadth of strategic and corporate finance related topics in order to become a well-rounded senior (finance) professional.
- Have a basic knowledge of advanced analytical techniques; knowledge of BI and / or RPA tools is a plus.