Eindhoven and Almelo
Contract with Client, Interim/independent
Malvern Panalytical is a growing company. The function of global supply chain manager was introduced approximately 2 years ago to promote alignment and a holistic operations view. The current global supply chain manager will work dedicated on a project for the coming 2 to 3 years and remain part of the global operations team.
As global supply chain manager at Malvern Panalytical you will make sure supply chain operations run smoothly. You are expected to oversee the total supply chain from vendors via distributors to Malvern Panalytical production facilitates until end-customer. You will join an international team of local production managers and report to the global operations manager. Larger factories have dedicated local supply chain managers who report to the local production managers and the local supply chain managers do report with a dotted line to you.
As global supply chain manager you monitor how the supply chain is managed. The local managers actually run the processes you help to optimize.
The worklocation will be a combination of Almelo, Eindhoven and remote.
Over de functie
Your responsibilities include:
- Production plans SIOP. Understand capabilities of all Malvern Panalytical factories in terms of material and capacity. Be able to present this to the company in a monthly overview. Use this in the monthly Sales Inventory and Operation Planning (SIOP) process to align supply and demand. Signal factories where and when supply needs to go up or down.
- Inventory and Service Levels (on time delivery, leadtime). Maintain a holistic view of the company’s inventory, and delivery service level. It’s your duty to analyze the health of the performance indicators and predict (avoid) any complications that could arise. You give direction to refinement of organizational processes and give Malvern Panalytical the platform we need to optimize.
- Vendor communication. Getting parts in and products out in time is half of your job. The other half is communication. Communication to internal customers and upstream supply chain. The global supply chain oversees whether the production plans are indeed communicated to the upstream supply chain as material requirements. You oversee the quality of this process (and data) and work with strategic purchasing to ensure that suppliers are responsive to this input.
Over het bedrijf
Developing vitamins and vaccines. Enhancing concrete and chemicals. Monitoring soil and water quality. Making chocolate and coffee taste even better. Almost every aspect of our modern world has been developed or improved by understanding its fundamental chemical, physical or structural make-up. Malvern Panalytical is a producer of scientific instruments. Their instruments combine cutting edge engineering with the latest developments in data analytics and AI – allowing industries and researchers to understand the world with absolute precision, from biomolecular structures to quantum dots.So whether it’s improving quality, optimizing production, or inventing entirely new medicines and materials, their customers know that Malvern Panalytical will help them understand the small things that make big things happen. Malvern Panalytical has production facilities in different European countries, USA, Canada and China. Their customers are located anywhere in the world.
Malvern Panalytical is part of Spectris Plc, the world-leading precision measurement group. The Group also includes HBK, Industrial Solutions division and Omega. All Spectris companies are focused on harnessing the power of precision measurement to equip customers to make the world cleaner, healthier and more productive: going beyond measurement, to deliver value beyond measure.
More information about Malvern Panalytical you can find here: https://youtu.be/bz7_KZNgIiY
There are the options for assignment:
- work as a contractor (2 years) at Malvern Panalytical: salary max. €115k (excl. 20% bonus)
- work as a freelancer via YER: hourly rate max. €110
You have demonstrated experience in managerial supply chain roles (at least 8 years). Experience within a low volume/high mix technical environment. Skills: strategic and analytical mindset, stakeholder management, convincing and excellent in English.