Contract with Client
Are you a Vendor Manager who likes to pioneer in emerging markets? Are you ambitious but do you also keep your feet on the ground? Do you thrive best in an informal, international and flexible office atmosphere where you can grow and be yourself? In that case Robeco, a Dutch asset manager working globally, could be looking for you. You will work in a team of 8 Vendor Managers, each with their own category and specialty, and 4 Contract Managers Specialists supporting them. In this team you will be responsible for a category of products and/or services, from sourcing and vender selection to contracting and the whole life cycle of the vendor including ongoing risk monitoring.
Over de functie
You will work within the COO domain, where the global procurement department performs the procurement processes for Robeco Rotterdam and supports and oversees - as the procurement Center of Expertise - the procurement processes executed by Robeco entities abroad. Together with your team – 7 other Vendor Managers and 4 Contract Manager Administrators – your objective is to ensure that purchases are made in line with the applicable Robeco policies and that Robeco gets the agreed value/benefits against the agreed price and conditions. As such, the Procurement department has a key role in monitoring vendor risk and compliancy with applicable rules and regulations (for example regarding outsourced services) and a primary role in being operationally and financially in control about purchased goods and services. In this process each Vendor Manager is responsible for his or her own category of products and/or services, from sourcing and vender selection to contracting and the whole life cycle of the vendor including ongoing risk monitoring.
Over het bedrijf
As a Dutch asset manager operating globally, Robeco has always combined the best of both worlds. We have global reach and ambitions, while retaining our head office in our hometown of Rotterdam. Employees at Robeco share that combination: we hire and nurture people who can think internationally and put the client first, while keeping their feet firmly on the ground. We have strong links with academia, which underpin the research in our robust quantitative and sustainability investing strategies. Our people have backgrounds in finance but also in economics and geography. Likewise, as pioneers in emerging markets investing, our diverse backgrounds also add local knowledge. We offer an informal and flexible office atmosphere that gives people the room to be themselves, to grow and to perform to the best of their ability. The Procurement department has a key role in monitoring vendor risk and compliancy with applicable rules and regulations (for example regarding outsourced services) and a primary role in being operationally and financially in control about purchased goods and services.
Robeco offers you a professional, dedicated, and enthusiastic team in an international, dynamic, and rapidly changing environment. The company culture is down-to-earth and pragmatic. The working landscape offers room for personal input and initiatives: proactivity is required and rewarded. In addition, Robeco offers you:
- Competitive salary
- 13th month
- Bonus (discretionary)
- Retirement plan
- Growth- and development opportunities
- Personal training budget
You have at least 4 years of experience as a Vendor Manager or Third Party Risk Manager, preferably in the financial services industry. Furthermore you must have proven hands-on experience in operational and financial monitoring of vendors towards rules, regulations, and agreements by performing Vendor Due Diligence assessments, assessing assurance reports from vendors and performing Know Your Vendor assessments. Preferably, you have experience in (P2P) procurement processes or Workday as procurement system. You can work in a small team where knowledge sharing and collaboration are very important. Other requirements:
- Bachelor+ or Master’s degree education and work level
- 4+ years of experience in a similar role/function
- Proficient in the Dutch as well as English language (written and spoken)
- You are positive, accurate and flexible, have an analytical mindset and problem-solving aptitude
- Negotiation skills
- Experience in stakeholder management at different levels
- You have a 'can do' mentality and are eager to contribute to be in-control as domain
- You are ‘hands-on’
- Team player with organizational sensitivity
- Identifies and initiates improvements on processes and tooling (automation) and collaborates in improving activities;
- Ensure that Robeco is demonstrable in control with respect to their suppliers/vendor by performing ISAE3402 / SOC1 assessments on supplier’s documents, assess additional assurance reports and perform risk assessments on new and existing vendors, verifying that these vendors are in-control of their business processes and risks are acceptable
- Perform Know Your Vendor assessments, Vendor Due Diligence assessments and risk assessments; cooperating with your stakeholders and the vendors involved
- Ensure that the procurement of goods and services within your category is executed compliant to Robeco’s outsourcing and procurement policies
- Act as a backup for other Vendor Managers
All applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. An assessment and integrity test may be used in the selection procedure.