Contract with Client
Energy, Gas, Water
Challenging finance position at leading hydropower/renewable energy company.
Over de functie
Due to growth in our Amsterdam office, we are currently looking for a new hiring position of financial accountant.
As a Financial Accountant at Statkraft Amsterdam you will be part of the local finance team of four employees. The team is responsible for the financial, tax and group reporting for the main Dutch entities, Statkraft Markets BV and Statkraft Renewables Benelux BV, as well as the Wind & Solar project companies in the Netherlands. The role of Financial Accountant is responsible for all processes relating to the accounting and administration unction. This includes (but is not limited to) the following areas of responsibility and tasks:
- Financial accounting and reporting in IFRS and Dutch GAAP in SAP ERP, including the preparation of year-end accounts and statutory accounts
- Group reporting in IFRS in Cognos
- Assisting with audits, statutory and group, and liaising with auditors
- Verification and filing of VAT returns and other tax forms, liaison with internal and external tax advisors/auditors
- Supporting the creation of new project companies and implementing the reporting cycle for these
- Supporting the implementation of various tools to improve the reporting cycle (SAP S/4 Hana, data collaboration platform, tax filing software etc.)
Over het bedrijf
Statkraft is a leading company in hydropower internationally and Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. The Group produces hydropower, wind power, solar power, gas-fired power and supplies district heating. Statkraft is a global company in energy market operations and a leading trader of power, gas, renewable and emission certificates as well as a broad range of structured products. Statkraft supports a global transition towards a low-carbon economy by offering renewable and sustainable energy solutions. Renewable energy is key to combat climate change, and Statkraft is part of the solution to powering a green future.
Working for Statkraft makes you part of this transition. Statkraft offers exciting work prospects in an innovative and international environment with high ethical standards. Statkraft has 3600 employees in 15 countries.
- Professional and personal development opportunities in a group of companies that is growing internationally
- A financially stable company with a clear long-term ambition to be part of the fast-changing energy business
- A positive working environment characterized by expertise, professionalism, collegiality, responsibility, innovation and motivation
- An office located in the Amsterdam Zuidas area – the financial center of the country and one of Amsterdam’s prime international business districts
- A diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of remuneration and employment benefits
- We are looking for an energetic person who is willing to take on a new challenge in the rapidly growing industry of renewable energy
- HEAO Degree, preferably in “Bedrijfseconomie” or Accountancy or another comparable study
- At least 4–5 year experience in financial accounting - preferably in a mediumsized enterprise of a large international group
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing is required
- Experience with SAP FI, SAP PS and SAP BW is a distinctive advantage and you are proficient in Excel and familiar with standard MS office software solutions
- Knowledge of one of the main tax software packages is appreciated
- Self-driven and structured with focus on results and continuous improvement
- Reliable, flexible, pro-active and committed