In dienst van opdrachtgever
Are you experienced in Mergers & Acquisition, Corporate Development or Strategy Consulting, and ready to advise companies and investors that are active in the mobility & (capital goods) manufacturing sector? At the ABN AMRO Corporate Finance franchise, they are keen to complement their team with a Senior Associate / Associate Director.
Over de functie
As a Senior Associate / Associate Director you work in the Corporate Finance Mobility & Manufacturing team, which is part of their Corporate Finance franchise within the Corporate Banking department. Their entire corporate finance team consists of circa 65 colleagues and the Corporate Finance Mobility & Manufacturing team has ten positions.
Within their team there is an open and informal atmosphere, and they are open to the opinions, views and cultural background of others. Besides, they are willing to help each other. For instance, their senior members try to facilitate the personal and professional development of their junior members.
Key responsibilities include:
- You manage the client proposals and pitch presentations. While doing so, you perform research on the economy, certain industries, and specific companies. Additionally, you compile financial models and provide valuation analyses and conduct in-depth data analysis. Thereafter, based on these analyses you formulate actionable ideas.
- You take a deep dive into relevant sub-sectors by researching them. Herewith you aim to understand its key fundamentals & drivers, which you translate into powerful presentations that you subsequently present to their clients. This forms the foundation of the strategic dialogue.
- In your frequent client interactions, sustainability topics are an integral part of your strategic dialogue, whereby your intrinsic motivation to address the need for transition plays to their team's strength.
- You closely work together with their internal stakeholders, such as relationship bankers, leverage finance, Equity Capital Markets (ECM) and other product specialists in order to support their longstanding client relationships and proactively bring strategic opportunities.
- You work in your deal team to support the full execution process of a complex sale, acquisition, management buy-out, private placement or disposal of a client. This includes working on valuation and marketing materials.
- You closely work together with many colleagues, from M&A or ECM deal teams or – if necessary – other product specialists in order to ensure that timelines and the client’s objectives are met.
- As a core member of the team, you contribute to the team’s business development activities and you actively facilitate the personal development of the junior colleagues.
Over het bedrijf
At ABN AMRO Corporate Finance, they offer a unique and integrated approach. By combining independent M&A advice and strong execution capabilities with optimal banking solutions for their broad client base, always linked to sustainability topics such as the energy transition. Their aim is to translate the ambitions of their clients into joint successful transitions or events. Working at ABN AMRO means opting to expand your (professional) knowledge. At virtually every level, they will enhance your expertise and open the way for a step upwards or sideways. They will challenge you to use your innovative nature and creativity for the bank of the future. This way, they continue to lead the way in sustainable banking services and they offer their clients a good balance between care and success.
- A market practice salary, including a personal development budget. Classification based on knowledge, experience and equal pay
- An annual discretionary bonus
- A solid pension plan
- Access to their learning academy for continuous learning
- The opportunity to attend international conferences and trade fairs to further deepen your sector knowledge and expand your network
- Possibilities for flexible working hours and to occasionally work from home
- The opportunity to pro-actively work on your vitality and fitness and accelerate your growth, both personally and professionally.
You have a keen interest in the subsectors and the themes mentioned above. Besides, you like to take initiative and can originate ideas autonomously, as well as interact directly with clients. Moreover, you combine commercial drive with joy in working together in teams and understand the diverse perspectives of all stakeholders involved. Additionally, you are aware of the ideas and concerns of your colleagues, and you contribute positively to your team.
We like you to meet the following requirements:
- 4 – 7 years of experience within (in-house) M&A, banking, consulting or private equity, including relevant experience in project execution and interacting with clients.
- Strong financial modelling, analytical and data processing skills.
- You are able to contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members.
- Affinity with ABN AMRO’s vision and strategy, linked to sustainability, as well as our service concepts, business processes, organisation, products and services.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written) and an advanced (or beyond) Dutch proficiency (at least spoken).
- We see our roles as a permanent learning experience. If you are highly motivated and have the commitment to improve day after day, then we ensure you that you have access to (both internal and external) development programs and we will help you grow in(to) this role.