In dienst van opdrachtgever
Energy, Gas, Water
Are you ready for the next step in your career, and would you like to actively contribute to the global energy transition? Do you thrive in an international and dynamic working environment, assisting multiple stakeholders simultaneously? Then Alfen has an ideal career opportunity for you!
Over de functie
In this Bid Manager Charging Equipment position, your primary responsibility will be to win proposals by ensuring accurate information. Because you effectively interpret the wishes and requirements of customers, you can identify opportunities and risks across Europe's energy markets and create a plan based on these inputs. Your managerial and analytical skills allow you to oversee the bidding process, sharply identify where adjustments are required, and effectively organize and monitor all underlying tasks, resulting in an optimal commercial offer.
Additionally, you lead a team of bid coordinators, fulfilling a direct operational role as well as ann indirect facilitating role. Alfen’s sales run through resellers and distributors, meaning your priority should lie with ensuring clients are well-informed (e.g. about delivery periods, technical specifications, and pricing). To acquire the necessary information requested by external stakeholders, you effectively organize internal communication flows and give the final call on projects in collaboration with the Commercial Director.
As this is an existing position, the focus will not be on creating communications, but on increasing the professionality of the operation and on optimizing the current process flows. Sales managers across Europe will approach you for crucial operational information, so you should be well-capable in acquiring and effectively communicating this knowledge.
As Bid Manager Charging Equipment you are responsible for the following activities:
- Assisting during tender processes with tender questionnaires and various other documents
- Carry responsibility for the production, management, and administration of bid documents as well as materials and marketing information
- Maintain currency of certificates, compliance letters, licenses, and prequalification materials for EOI and tenders
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records of bid information to Gateway
- Assist by coordinating answers with other departments, such as Product Management, Legal, Sales, Technical, and Service
- Update bid tracker and reporting tools with relevant information, ensuring accessibility to accurate and up-to-date information
Over het bedrijf
Working at Alfen means working at a company that is literally full of energy. With a track record of over 85 years, this company is passionate about the development and innovational strength of the energy industry. Alfen provides beautiful career opportunities in technological fields, logistics, and commercial or administrative positions.
The company realizes that opportunities in energy storage will play a crucial role in meeting future energy demands. Companies and individuals increasingly produce energy, meaning the electricity grid will be more intensively burdened, while usage will become less predictable. Alfen's energy storage solution is called TheBattery and regulates fluctuations in energy demand and supply while being excellently usable in combination with wind and solar energy.
Alfen offers a complete range of charge points for use at home, at work, and in public areas. Its portfolio includes transformer substations, energy storage systems, charging stations for electric vehicles, and other products and services. This variety of products and services positions Alfen as a central player in the electricity grid. With its broad range of in-house developed products and vast experience as systems integrator, Alfen is passionately building the electricity grid of the future: reliable and innovative and with a heavy emphasis on sustainability and the energy transition.
Alfen offers an independent function within a fast-growing company in an international, innovative environment, accommodating personal development.
Additionally, Alfen offers the right candidate the following compensation:
- Competitive salary package and excellent benefits
- Company car
- 30 days holiday allowance
- An employer willing to invest in your personal growth and career development
- An office situated in Almere and an open, informal, and comfortable atmosphere with inspiring colleagues and regular team events
Alfen's ideal candidate is looking for a second or third step in a professional, commercially driven career.
The ideal candidate for this role possesses the following credentials and skills:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in a business-related field of study (e.g. Business Administration)
- 3 years of working experience in a similar commercial and/or project-based position (experience in E-Mobility or at a charger supplier preferable)
- Knowledge of and experience with (European) procurement directives, affinity with electricity distribution and storage, sustainable generation and charging of electric cars (with an established network within this industry)
- Knowledge of and experience with client/contract management
- Knowledge of the charger norms and directives preferable
- Excellent time management skills, the ability to meet deadlines, and a keen eye for detail
- Communicative skills necessary to collaborate with sales departments and technical departments across Europe
- Skilled in the English language. Any additional languages are a plus
- Commercially driven, enthusiastic, and ambitious
Do you have what it takes to drive Alfen's bidding department? Apply now!