Full time/Part time
In dienst van opdrachtgever
Our client is responsible for the company's group wide finance strategy, the consolidated financial reporting to the international headquarters, including the statutory accounting and reporting for the Europe entities. A great place to work and to develop your career!
Over de functie
As Manager Accounting & Reporting you will be primarily responsible for the daily management of the Accounting & Reporting team, the instruction of reporting subsidiaries, and the reporting to the main stakeholders. Within the Finance department, you are expected to act as sounding board to the Head of Group Finance & Business Control and proactively become involved in a great variety of projects. Projects will include being actively involved in new acquisitions and making sure that they are integrated in the global finance structure. You will also make sure that your team is completing the monthly closing process in a timely manner maintaining a high level of quality.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Daily management of Accounting and Reporting team members within Finance
- Make sure the Finance organization remains up-to-date with relevant accounting standards: Follow and identify developments, additions and updates to global accounting standards (IFRS, Dutch GAAP and USGAAP) and translate these into the group procedure
- Adequately instruct subsidiaries to ensure timely reporting in line with group and corporate policies
- The monthly financial close and reporting of the group consolidated package to shareholder
- Support the maintenance and rollout of routines and procedures regarding internal and external guidelines and regulations and ensure compliance by executing related SOx controls
- Support the financial control department
- Participate in accounting projects to further develop the financial function
Over het bedrijf
Our client is a financial holding company that monitors several asset management subsidiaries. Together these subsidiaries manage over € 290 billion of assets worldwide through a broad range of investment strategies and investment solutions. Our client ensures that the tasks and responsibilities, which go beyond the investment subsidiaries themselves, are carried out properly. Our client focuses on group consolidation and reporting, as well as tax affairs and internal auditing. In addition our client provides the support function for the mother corporation to expand other strategic business lines in Europe. For one of the UK subsidiaries our client acts as a service centre for the accounting, legal, compliance and HR functions. Next to the traditional financial holding functions, our client is responsible for further development of internal communication and for increasing effectiveness group wide. Our client synergizes across the group and maintains a professional network internally and externally.
Our client offers an inspiring, exciting and dynamic working environment with enthusiastic and ambitious professionals. The culture is characterized by innovation, entrepreneurship, ambition and personal development. Furthermore, our client offers an excellent salary and secondary benefits. Last but not least, our client is located in the most beautiful office of Rotterdam city!
We are looking for a self-motivated and service oriented colleague to strengthen our clients finance department. We need a team player who is hands-on and actively collaborates and shares knowledge within the department and organization. In this role, you will be challenged to develop yourself to grow as a highly valued reporting oriented business partner. The ideal candidate has a proven track record in Accounting & Reporting (professionally and managerial) and has a natural ability to embrace change and development.
We are looking for a candidate with the following skills and knowledge:
- 10+ years of work experience in an international finance (and control) environment
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s in finance & accounting (or similar), and demonstrable knowledge of and experience in accounting and reporting
- Experience with group financial consolidation and the reporting processes
- Applied knowledge of IFRS, Dutch law on reporting requirements and internal controls
- USGAAP knowledge is preference
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (verbally and written) in Dutch and in English
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- An international mindset and experience in working within a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable in a constantly changing environment