Full time/Part time
In dienst van opdrachtgever
Bio-ITech is a rapidly growing life science IT company that develops software to make the life of scientists in the lab easier. Their main product, eLABJournal, is a Cloud-based platform that is offered as Software as a Service to customers around the globe. Additionally, they deliver customer-specific installations in both Private Clouds and On-premises systems. To be able to meet the growing demand in the market for new features in their software products, Bio-ITech is looking for Team Lead Software Development.
Over de functie
As a Team Lead Software Development you will be responsible for leading a team of developers who work on the development and maintenance of the software platform. In addition to leading the team, you actively take part in the development of the product by defining the technical objectives and technical specifications, setting up sprints, performing code reviews, facilitating test-automation and scheduling releases.
Together with the development team, you are responsible for delivering new features, maintaining the code base and the release of bug fixes. Together with the DevOps, you will ensure that the installation of updates runs smoothly with a minimum of interference to the customers' daily operations. In case of any unexpected issues, you take the lead in ensuring that this issue is resolved in the best and fastest possible way.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Participate with management to set up and fine-tune the short, mid- and long-term development strategy, and lead its execution
- Set and meet key objectives with deadlines and report periodically about the progress
- Take responsibility for the full development cycle, including product development, code maintenance, release of bug fixes, test automation and update releases
- Lead the development, system engineers and testing teams to ensure that they can execute their work in the best possible manner
- Consider information security in any aspect
Over het bedrijf
Bio-ITech enables laboratories to improve efficiency and quality of research by providing comprehensive and flexible lab information management software. From offices in the US (Boston) and Europe (The Netherlands), they serve customers worldwide.
Since March 2017, Eppendorf AG holds the majority of shares of Bio-ITech. The participation of Eppendorf in Bio-ITech is a key milestone in the company history and an important step to enable further growth. As the market interest for Electronic Lab Notebooks and Sample Management solutions intensifies, Bio-ITech will be able to scale up its current activities by offering its software solutions across the globe. The collaboration between Bio-ITech and Eppendorf will further strengthen and lead to natural integration of Bio-ITech software solutions with products such as those of the
Bio-ITech offers a challenging position in the MT of the company with the freedom to take full responsibility for the products. Bio-ITech is an internationally oriented company where you will be able to further develop yourself as an indispensable member of their team.
In addition to an attractive salary based on experience, they offer you:
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent secondary conditions
- Target-driven bonus
- A 1-year contract, with the intention for a permanent position of 36-40 hours per week
- You can serve clients all over the world, from small academic labs to big companies, each with their own unique set of needs
- A career in an international environment
- Variety; this is a field that changes by the day. In this challenging environment, we deliver quality products and novel solutions. We guarantee that you will never get bored
- Challenges; Ever feel like you are capable of more? Find out what you can achieve in an environment that encourages you to push your boundaries and expand your capabilities. Become the best you can be!
As a person, you are bright, agile, intellectually curious, and you have a strong passion for building reliable high-performance cloud platforms. You have several years of experience in managing a team of IT specialists. You have a hands-on mentality and you are able to keep an overview, but also have a keen eye for details. In addition to working with a team of software developers, system engineers, and technical support, you are also comfortable in communicating with other stakeholders, including customers and management in English and Dutch both verbally and in writing.