Excellent remuneration package
Full time/Part time
In dienst van opdrachtgever
A great opportunity for a driven, decisive and hands-on Global Internal Audit and Risk Manager to support the growth of this innovative company and develop, further build and extend the internal audit function.
Over de functie
In this new and independent role, you should enhance and protect Stahl’s organizational value by providing risk based objective audit, advise and insight.
Your responsibility includes the design, implementation and maintenance of the global internal audit program and further assessing the scope and effectiveness of Stahl’s risk management and control systems and related review and monitoring activities.
You will visit the operating companies in various countries and work with local management to secure and further develop the efficiency and effectiveness of various business processes. With a focus on internal control optimization and continuous improvement, you will have a key position in the financial control environment of the Group. You will have direct reporting lines to the Audit Committee and (operationally) to the CFO.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Preparation of a risk based audit plan and providing risk based objective audit, advise and insight
- Improve the internal audit program and risk management framework
- Execution of the internal audit plan
- Audits on internally reported CSR information
- Perform IT audits
- Develop a systematic, disciplined approach in evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes
- Maintaining and improving the enterprise risk management framework based on the COSO standards
- Reporting on internal audit findings and giving recommendations to Local Management, Management Board and Audit Committee
- Monitoring and reporting management’s progress with remediation activities through follow-up on audit findings
- Initiate and facilitate improvements in the internal control framework
- Perform ad-hoc audits/activities on request of the Management Board and Audit Committee
- Participate in projects
Over het bedrijf
Stahl is the world leader in specialty chemicals and services for leather surfaces and is developing large market shares in niche applications for high-performance chemical coatings on other substrates, such as textile, paper, plastics, rubber, metal and wood. Through their people, their expertise and the creation of open and lasting partnerships, Stahl offers a wide range of solutions to the automotive, shoe, apparel & accessories and home interior sectors, and for industrial applications.
Headquartered in Waalwijk, The Netherlands, Stahl realised a turnover of over EUR 800 M in 2019 and employs almost 2000 employees in 27 countries at 13 manufacturing sites and 38 application centres. The culture at the headquarters is professional and informal. Openness and direct communication are of great importance.
Read more about Stahl at: https://www.stahl.com/about-us/history
Stahl is a sustained growing company, that offers a no-nonsense, innovative and international environment, where they are very much sustainable driven.
As well as this, they offer:
- Competitive salary
- Lease car
- Growth and development opportunity
- Flexible working hours
- Regular travel all over the world
- Wide range of diversity in colleagues and stakeholders
In order to be successful in this position, Stahl expect the candidate to have the following qualifications:
- Academic level and post master qualification (RA or equals Dutch CPA)
- At least 10 years proven, relevant working experience in an internal audit function and in an audit firm
- Good knowledge of internal control frameworks, audit and risk management
- Understanding and preferably experience with data analytics and applicable software
- Good knowledge of IT environments and experience with IT audits (knowledge of SAP is a plus)
- To the point, precise, integrity and positive attitude
- Pragmatic and pro-active, hands-on mentality
- Ability to challenge constructively, ability to remain impartial and maintain professional scepticism
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an international organisation, with ability to interact with very senior stakeholders internationally and at governance level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with fluency in English and Dutch
- Willing and able to travel internationally, approximately 35%