Research & Development
In dienst van opdrachtgever
Food, Feed, Pharma
For Avebe we are recruiting for a food technologist who can work closely together with application specialists (R&D) and the sales team to help the customers with quick and efficient solutions.
Over de functie
Within the department of Customer & Application Response Center the Field Technical Services Specialist Cheese needs a strong customer driven desire. He/She will work closely together with the application specialists and the sales team to bring quick and efficient technical solutions to new customers or existing customers with the added value of Avebe ingredients (starches, proteins or fibers). He/She must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and willing to travel up to 50%,
- Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Build a strong business relationship with cheese customer’s R&D or marketing with technical communication and support;
- Quick respond to the customers’ technical requests and provide the efficient solutions with the support of application specialists;
- Develop close working relationship with the technical community of new customers or under-developed existing customers. Identify, penetrate and build relationship with key decision makers leading to new business opportunities and projects;
- Promote technical leadership position by demonstrating new application concept to existing and potential customers;
- Build a strong technical project pipeline by developing robust technical account plans, identifying new technical leads/project opportunities and closing these opportunities.
- Successfully convert new technical leads/project opportunities to sales;
- Work collaboratively with Sales- and account managers to bring solutions and new product ideas and concepts from and to the market;
- Work cross functionally with application specialists, market managers, sales managers and product managers. Transparently share the information and provide the customer feedback objectively to the whole team in a timely and effective manner to ensure customer performance goals are met;
- Travel as required up to 50% to achieve project goals, grow the project pipeline, and provide technical account management to customers.
Over het bedrijf
Avebe is an international cooperative of more than 2.000 farmers in the Netherlands and Germany. The company develops and produces starch, protein and derivatives from starch potatoes that are used for food, feed and industrial products. Avebe can count on a century of knowledge and experience in the area of potato cultivation, production, research and development, innovation and market insight. Together with their members and customers the ingredients are turned into value. Avebe refers to that as ‘Innovation by Nature’.
Avebe is particularly growing as a supplier to the food industry in market with high added value. The healthy, nutritious and environmentally-friendly vegetable ingredients of Avebe are a perfect match with the global growing demand for healthy and vegetable food ingredients, and offer opportunities for example as alternatives to meat and dairy products.
Avebe is a reliable employer for more than 1.300 employees in the Netherlands, Germany and Sweden and has global sales offices. Avebe encourages its employees to take responsibility for results, to continue to learn and develop, to live healthy and to be open to change.
For Avebe we are looking for employees who recognise themselves in the ambitions and core values of Avebe.
- Competitive fixed salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- Good pension scheme
- 8% holiday allowance
- A challenging position in a global work environment
- Interesting career opportunities with plenty of room for personal development
- Specialised training courses
- If necessary, there is a good relocation and accommodation arrangement for candidates from outside the Northern Netherlands region
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent level or higher level in food science, physics, chemistry, engineering or related area of study;
- Fluent of the English language both written and spoken;
- Preferably several years of experience of the starch application in cheese industry. Experience and understanding of cheese formulation, processing and ingredient functionality. Sound knowledge of food science, food chemistry and food microbiology;
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal peers, sales, marketing, and customers;
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate customer needs and market insights to internal departments;
- Good problem solving skills and quick decision making capability;
- Ability to write concise and clear customer visit and factory trial report.
- Conceptual thinking
- Goal oriented
- Cross functional cooperation
- Problem analysing