Facility & Real Estate
Full time/Part time
Contract with Client
Real Estate, Construction
For client, VIA Outlets, we are looking for a Regional Development Manager.
Over de functie
VIA Outlets is looking for a Regional Development Manager for Western Europe. The Regional Development Manager is responsible for several projects within the assets of VIA Outlets. You advise on the most effective development of VIA development projects across the region. For the projects in your region you are responsible to carry out the tender process in order to contract the project team; architect, consultants, project manager and others. Projects can be remodeling facades, parking extensions up to new construction, re-development centres and expansions.
- Preparation of all the contracts of the project team in collaboration with the Legal team of VIA.
- Co-ordinate the works of the project management company, architect and other consultants contracted by VIA.
- Prepare the Cost Estimates and Budgets of the projects based in construction ratios.
- Seek approvals of budgets and designs from the Head of Development in line with the Steering Committee of VIA.
- Co-ordinate and lead the design in all stages: concept design, building permit design, tender design, execution drawings, leading meetings with architects, project managers and consultants.
- Satisfy the requirements of local and statutory authorities, statutory undertakers and other to obtain the permits.
- In each stage of the preconstruction, to update the Cost Estimates and Budgets, advising of any cost deviations, proposing and suggesting alternative design solutions aimed to keep the approved budget.
- Review, advise on and negotiate any necessary alterations to the proposed structural, mechanical, electrical and architectural features of projects to ensure functional efficiency, economy in costs and to promote company objectives.
- Prepare the time schedule of the project including all stages: design, permits, tender, construction, post construction.
- Co-ordinate time schedules on each phase to ensure on time delivery to budget.
- Keep an updated and live time schedule of the project: Report delays of any projects and propose a revised time schedule.
- Make proposals for the acceleration or postponement of all projects to maximize profits and minimize costs especially to counteract the effect of any actual or prospective delays.
- Report regularly to the VIA Head of Development on progress of every project and initiative.
- Report on progress and costs of all projects, including concept design, architects reports and other design and technical documentation.
- Report on the current progress of construction, setting out milestones or completion dates and showing dates of expected completion and the current progress dates for all phases of the work.
- Produce a cost control report showing total expenditure compared to the anticipated total expenditure on all projects.
- Report on the progress and extent of negotiations with and the requirements of any local planning authority or other statutory authority on other matters relevant to all projects.
Over het bedrijf
VIA Outlets, one of the first operators of outlet centres across Europe was established in 2014 to enhance their performance to provide strong investment returns for its stakeholders. These returns are achieved through creating shopping environments which premium attract high quality domestic and international brands and their discerning customers. VIA Outlets has been structured to enable it react quickly to acquisition opportunities that may arise in the market. The fund presently consists of 11 assets in 9 different countries. Its principal stakeholders include Dutch pension fund asset manager APG and UK REIT Hammerson plc.
VIA Outlets offers an excellent remuneration and their values;
- We place our people at the heart of what we do
- We do the right thing, always
- We like to work in a constantly changing, fast paced environment
- We manage our centres with care and for a sustainable future
- We are decisive, transparent and always collaborative
So if you want to work in a very dynamic organisation and environment, you are hands on and want to be an entrepreneur in this company, contact me!
- Ideally with more than 10 years’ service in project management within a project management company or developer including shopping or outlet malls. Alternatively, they may have similar, senior experience within retail real estate.
- You will be either an engineer or architect with the above connected experience linked to project and construction management.
- Ideally to have worked mainly in western Europe.
- Highly competent and knowledgeable in construction, project management, negotiation and leadership.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with an agile and open mind in a complex and multinational work environment, alongside talented and strong-minded colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact at all levels of the business both verbal and written.
- Rigor and attention to detail in all aspects of the construction process from beginning to end.
- A good critical and creative thinker who has the drive, energy and ideas to bring to the role.
- A fast learner and multitasker with excellent organizational skills.
- A genuine interest and understanding of shopping centres and of retail destination construction are essential.
- Fluent spoken and written English is mandatory.
- Computer literacy and ability to use AutoCAD and design-based software like Sketch up and/or photoshop.
- Passion for construction and design and keeping up to date with trends in shopping centre construction.
- A passion for sustainability in construction is beneficial.
- Availability for two-three days trip on weekly basis to co-ordinate project meetings during all stages of the projects.
- Willing to travel at least 50% of the time within Europe.