Contract with Client
Do you have solid accounting skills, are you interested to work in a small and select international team with a large and ambitious mission? Then this is your chance!
Over de functie
For Oilinvest, YER would like to get in touch with a Group Financial Accountant. In this position, you will be responsible for performing of accounting and reporting practices and interacting with multiple group entities within Europe.
Most important tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly and yearly financial closing processes.
- Preparation of VAT returns. Monitoring of invoiced reversed EU charges
- Reconciliation of corporate bank accounts
- Month end journals, accruals, interest, periodically reversal of accruals
- Maintaining of the fixed asset register and it’s accounting
- Preparing of a monthly audit file and reconciliation of all BS positions
- Work closely and follow up op on items from external and internal audit
- Administering and reconciling of intercompany balances with affiliates and monitors settlements.
- Preparation of IC charges to affiliates, invoicing and recording in financial system
- Quarterly VAT reconciliation with GL and payment advice and/or review
- Monthly providing and distributing of exchange rates to group affiliates
- Communicates with suppliers related to payment status or disputes
- Processing of bank transactions and preparation of payment badges
- Processing of sales invoices, expense reports and credit card statements and collect the necessary approvals in line with company guidelines
- Preparation of corporate cash and credit line report
Over het bedrijf
The Oilinvest Group is a major player in the European downstream oil industry. Playing a vital role at every stage of the value chain, their two main brands Tamoil and HEM employ around 1000 people, sell in excess of 10 million tons of fuel products every year and generate an annual gross turnover of € 12.7 billion. Through its portfolio of companies, the Oilinvest Group supplies, trades, refines and sells petroleum products in Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Spain and the Netherlands, and has a trading operation based in Cyprus. Wholly owned by the Libyan state, its head office is at The Hague in the Netherlands.
- Competitive remuneration package;
- Dynamic and international environment.
- Master or Bachelor Degree in accounting
- Solid accounting background with experience gained in a multinational petrochemical firm (10 + years)
- Strong knowledge in international accounting standards GAAP and IFRS
- Excellent language skills, fluent in English and Dutch
- Solid knowledge of multi-currency accounting
- Excellent knowledge in banking systems and operations
- Strong Knowledge of EU VAT mechanism and reversed charges principle
- Analytical skills and accuracy
- Ability to interact and integrate easily in a multicultural environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communicative and facilitation skills
- Excellent and solid IT and computer skills
- Flexible and open-minded
- Attention to detail is paramount
- Can solve, pragmatic approach