Contract with Client
Logistics & Transportation
VTTI is one of the world’s fastest growing storage providers for energy and other essential products. Fast growing needs fast thinking. Are you full of energy? Would you like to work in a small team in an international environment? Do you have the right DNA to grow a career at VTTI?
VTTI has a strong growth ambition and is looking for an energetic, self-starting individual, with a genuine interest in researching and keeping up to date on developments in IFRS and the ability to apply and explain those to practical situation.
Please check the following link to learn more about this great company and apply! "We are VTTI" video: https://www.vtti.com/what-we-do#video/9999
Over de functie
As Group Financial Controller, you will be part of the Group Financial Reporting & Control team. Based at VTTI headquarters in Rotterdam, your team will be responsible for monthly financial reports to management, shareholders and other stakeholders.
You will be in a team of three, giving you access to a wide range of opportunities. Projects and topics include automation, process optimization, mergers & acquisitions, internal control, technical accounting and managing the annual external audit process. You will also have an advisory role for other VTTI finance teams, to transfer knowledge and best practices throughout the company.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Managing monthly consolidation process in HFM
- Reviewing monthly reports from operating companies
- Working closely with business control to prepare budget vs actual analysis for management
- Preparing IFRS consolidated financial statements and disclosures
- Advising local finance teams
- Maintaining standard chart of accounts and accounting manual
- Researching, analysing and solving technical accounting issues, which can be presented to management and external auditors
- Contributing to an effective internal control framework for the group
- Assisting coordination of the global audit process
- Participating in projects (IT system upgrades, M&A, tax) as required
Over het bedrijf
With over 1,250 employees and 40 different nationalities VTTI is one of the world’s fastest-growing independent storage providers for energy and other essential products. Founded in 2006, VTTI currently offers 9.8 million m3 of combined storage capacity across 5 continents, which will rise to over 10 million m3 in the near future as new projects come online.
The DNA that binds our people together: The VTTI Way. Five core qualities that define who we are. Dynamic strategists, risk savvy, creative owners, collective leaders and productive people. Find out more about The VTTI Way: https://www.vtti.com/the-vtti-way
VTTI is growing fast, which offers many development and career opportunities to the right candidate. The company has a flat organizational structure, where the commitment of each employee contributes to the success of the organization. You will work in an international environment, surrounded by driven and committed professionals.
In addition to a competitive salary VTTI offers:
- 25 holiday days
- Development opportunities
- Excellent pension with 5% employee contribution
- Health insurance contribution
- Excellent location (near Rotterdam Kralingse Zoom/Erasmus University)
We are looking for a self-starting Group Financial Controller. Who is a team player, multicultural oriented and prepared to help out at all levels. You are ambitious with the objective to work on a successful career at VTTI.
What makes you a VTTI Group Financial Controller? Positive energy. Ambition. Talent. Entrepreneurial spirit. Team-minded. Multicultural. You can only make a difference by working with people who make the difference.
The most important requirements are:
- Post-Master degree, e.g. RA/RC or equivalent
- At least 5 years of work experience in an Audit (external), Senior Accounting or Control position
- Relevant experience with international companies; structure and complexity
- Strong IFRS knowledge and proven experience
- Knowledge of internal control frameworks
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Hands-on and service-oriented with focus on results
- Able to build an international network