Excellent working conditions | Rotterdam city centre
In dienst van opdrachtgever
Would you like to become part of a leading, stable organization that has been profitable from day one? Are you drawn to organizations with a flat organizational structure and a passionate and enterprising work environment? If you have new energy to bring, an interest in commodity trading and are ready for a new challenge, apply for the position of Trade Controller at Vitol now!
Over de functie
As a Trade Controller at Vitol, you will take on various responsibilities in a dynamic and results-driven organization. Your contacts with people in many different departments will enable you to understand figures and the operations that underlie them. You will gain this insight with colleagues from the front, mid and back office teams (Trading, Operations, Treasury and Accounting), in the Netherlands and abroad. You will travel abroad for training purposes and meetings from time to time (short business trips within Europe). As a Trade Controller, you will focus on financial and operational analyses and on the monthly closings of P&L statements for various raw materials (natural gas, distillates, LPG and sustainable products, etc.).
As a Trade Controller, your duties will include:
- performing P&L-related accounting activities, including analytical audits of balance sheets, reconciliations and monthly closings
- documenting, reviewing and supporting transactions in line with Vitol policy and protocols
- strengthening decision-making by performing analyses (forex exposure, mass balance controls and cost controls)
- providing support for various IT improvement processes
- auditing and analyzing financial issues to assist operational teams
- preparing financial reports and participating in annual audits (IFRS, statutory accounts and management accounts)
Over het bedrijf
Vitol Group is the world’s biggest independent oil and energy trader. The company has been consistently profitable since it started trading back in 1966 and focuses on the global purchasing, sale and transport of physical energy commodities. Besides these activities, the company’s head office in Geneva is also playing an active role in the energy transition, which will enable the organization to retain its leading position in the energy market. The company operates in approximately 60 different countries and has offices in locations including Rotterdam, Houston, London and Singapore. Long-term relationships, the effective use of information and human capital are all seen as pillars for Vitol’s success.
Vitol’s international profile is clear from its lively mix of nationalities, educational backgrounds and life experience. With creative, committed and professional colleagues in 60 countries, you will gain a clear understanding of Vitol’s core business activities.
Vitol can offer the successful candidate the following terms of employment:
- A competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits (bonus, pension, insurance, gym membership and a company mobile phone)
- Travel allowance
- 27 days’ paid annual leave
- In-house courses to continue your development and the possibility to do (relevant) external courses
- An international organization that gives you the opportunity to work abroad
- A flat organizational structure in which colleagues are easy to approach
- An excellent working atmosphere with regular Friday afternoon drinks and other social activities
Vitol is looking for a go-getter with strong communication skills and commercial acumen. You must be able to look beyond organizational and cultural boundaries, adapt your communication style if necessary and be naturally energetic and results-driven. You must have the ability to find pragmatic solutions to complex financial problems and have excellent analytical skills.
The ideal candidate for this position will also have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Management Accounting, Accountancy, Finance or Business Administration at the very least
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience in an accounting or control position, preferably in a trading company in the energy industry or with one of the Big Four accounting forms. A knowledge of trade controlling would be an advantage
- Experience with IFRS
- Recognition of the value of IT for an organization like Vitol. An affinity with IT-driven processes and the will to handle them. Experience of IT project implementation would be an advantage
- An advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent (verbal and written) communication skills, an assertive, proactive, independent and pressure-resistant work ethos, the flexibility to switch between various operational systems and the social ability to effectively develop and maintain relationships
- An inquisitive and cooperative mindset, a non-political communication style and a high level of personal integrity
- An excellent command of both English and Dutch
- The ambition to grow horizontally in the organization and enjoy the challenge of unique, complex issues
- Analytical and organizational talent, a solution and results-driven approach in which you follow processes and procedures, have the ability to assess risks, set priorities and meet strict deadlines
- The willingness to work outside office hours - to meet deadlines - every so often