Legal & Tax
Full time/Part time
In dienst van opdrachtgever
Challenging position as a (Sr.) Legal Counsel working directly for the Director Legal.
Over de functie
To assist the executive director Legal in managing the corporate legal activities of MUFG Bank (Europe) N.V.(MBE) and its branches in Germany, Spain, Belgium, Poland, Austria and Czech Republic. Responsible for managing documentation risk and providing a legal documentation and technical advisory service covering a wide range of Banking transactions and operations within MBE.
Reporting to the Executive Director Legal of MBE, the Legal Counsel is required to oversee and manage the Legal activities within MBE.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating legal contracts relating to banking & finance, cash pools, trade finance, payment systems, capital requirements for banks (CRR, CRD IV), securities (zekerheden) documentation.
- Managing documentation risk relating to the area’s mentioned above, including through developing and monitoring standard documentation and processes within the bank.
- Drafting, evaluating and negotiating (non)-standard legal contracts relating to the area’s mentioned above, agreeing individual clause wording as required.
- Keep abreast of changes in law, regulations and market practice and ensure such changes are taken into account in the Bank’s documentation and processes.
- Ensure close cooperation with the European Legal office of MUFG Bank EMEA and the various branches of MBE.
- Ensure compliance with the Bank’s rules, policies, procedures and guidelines together with all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Drive for results
- Hands on ‘can do’ mentality
- Collaborate and build partnerships
- Communicate effectively and professionally
- Balance risk with opportunity
- Deliver extraordinary customer experience
- Demonstrate global perspective
- Lead change and seek continuous improvement
Over het bedrijf
MUFG Bank Europe N.V. (MBE) is a fully-owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), one of the largest ranked financial groups in the world in terms of assets, offering a wide range of financial services, including commercial banking, trust banking, securities services, project finance, consumer finance and asset management. MUFG has the largest overseas network of any Japanese bank, over 1,000 branches and offices in more than 40 countries and a total of 140,000 employees. The bank’s vision is to be the world’s most trusted financial group.
For more than 50 years MBE offers commercial banking services to both Japanese and non-Japanese corporate customers in the Netherlands and, through its branches and subsidiaries, in Central and East Europe. The goal is to be among the top performing foreign-owned banks operating in The Netherlands, providing value-added banking services and excellent operations, fulfilling both Japanese and non-Japanese customers' needs.
The MBE subsidiary based in the Netherlands is a growing network of branches, managed from Amsterdam. This currently includes the, MBE Brussels branch, MBE Prague branch, MBE Vienna branch and MBE Warsaw branch and from April onwards Germany branch, Spain branch and Portugal branch.
The function requires an intellectual and working background at University level and experience of a minimum of 5 years in a similar function or relevant area. The function requires a comprehensive knowledge of the (intra-)departmental work flows and processes, of the products offered by our Front Office and of the applicable domestic & international legislation. The function also requires in depth knowledge and understanding/experience of/with the bank's business, policies, rules and guidelines.
- Dutch law degree
- In depth knowledge and work experience in laws and regulations in a senior role within Banking & Finance
- In depth knowledge of principles and practice of domestic law and regulatory rules
- International legal experience
- Experience in networking and working with diverse population
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, problem solving and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel