Marketing & Communication
Full time/Part time
In dienst van opdrachtgever
Food, Feed & Pharma
Do you have a passion for Marketing? This is a great career opportunity at Avebe in Groningen! Due to Avebe’s growth ambitions, we are searching for 2 Strategic Marketing Managers.
Over de functie
As part of the marketing team and in close connection with the Sales and Innovation department, the marketing manager will be responsible for defining, creating and steering the implementation of strategic marketing plans. The marketing manager role requires being aware of global market trends, being able to entity market gaps and developing concepts allowing the company to take a unique position at international level, without losing the connection with the daily business. The purpose of the job is also to ensure strong communication of the Marketing plans in the organization and cross-functional teamwork, especially with Sales, New Business Development and Innovation.
Furthermore, the marketing manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Marketing plan; Setting strategic directions developing and steering the implementation of strategic marketing plans all in sync with the overall Avebe business strategy and customer needs.
- Business opportunities; Identifies and analyses customer insights, prospects and trends to identify gaps market that can be matched/fulfilled with the Avebe overall strategy;
- Portfolio management; Develops and manages category/brand architecture, -identity and –positioning, manages product (portfolio) life cycles for the assigned products/brands and monitors and optimizes product/brand performance, in strong alignment with the relevant stakeholders.
- Product and market development; Transforms market intelligence and business opportunities into profitable ideas for product diversification & development and market development. Translates viable ideas into concepts.
Over het bedrijf
Avebe is an international cooperative of more than 2.000 farmers in the Netherlands and Germany. The company develops and produces starch, protein and derivatives from starch potatoes, that are used for food, feed and industrial products. Avebe can count on a century of knowledge and experience in the area of potato cultivation, production, research and development, innovation and market insight. Together with their members and customers the ingredients are turned into value. Avebe refers to that as ‘Innovation by Nature’.
Avebe is particularly growing as a supplier to the food industry in market with high added value. The healthy, nutritious and environmentally-friendly vegetable ingredients of Avebe are a perfect match with the global growing demand for healthy and vegetable food ingredients, and offer opportunities for example as alternatives to meat and dairy products.
Avebe is a reliable employer for more than 1.300 employees in the Netherlands, Germany and Sweden and in our global sales offices. Avebe encourages its employees to take responsibility for results, to continue to learn and develop, to live healthy and to be open to change.
For Avebe we are looking for employees who recognize themselves in the ambitions and core values of Avebe.
- Competitive fixed salary commensurate with knowledge and experience;
- Good pension scheme;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- A challenging position in a global work environment;
- Interesting career opportunities with plenty of room for personal development;
- Specialised training courses;
- A lease car;
- There is a good relocation and accommodation arrangement for candidates from outside the Northern Netherlands region.
- Academic graduation, ideally MBA;
- Experience with and deep knowledge of Marketing principles and theories;
- Fluently in English (in writing and speaking);
- Minimally 6 years working experience in Marketing within FMCG;
- For one of the positions we are especially looking for a professional with experience in the field of nutrition/food.
- Conceptual thinking;
- Goal oriented;
- Cross functional cooperation;
- Problem analysing.